No of Positions:1
Tentative Start Date:February 03, 2021
Work From :Any Location
Rate : $5-20(Hourly)
Splunk/ Admin experience with nagios needed with 8+ experience WFH-Short project - Contractual
• Administering Splunk and Splunk Apps to include developing new or extending existing Apps to perform specialized functionality.
• Integrating Splunk with a wide variety of legacy data sources.
• Consulting with customers to customize and configure Splunk to meet their requirements.
• Assisting with training application and infrastructure teams not familiar with Splunk.
• Mentoring team members with less experience to assist in Splunk related activities.
• Working closely with Infrastructure, Application, Development and Business or project teams on Splunk.
• Engaging application and infrastructure teams to establish best practices for utilizing Splunk data and visualizations.
• Communicating with customer stake holders including leadership, support teams, and system administrators.
• Creating and maintaining engagement process and documentation related to architecture, operational processes and training material for Splunk.
• Splunk architecture, components (indexer, forwarder, search head).
• Good knowledge on administering splunk indexer clusters, search head clustering, maintaining KVStores, maintain macros and views.
• Must have working knowledge of an enterprise log management tool.
• Knowledge on splunk .conf files, administering splunk on Linux systems, splunk data retention policies.
• Splunk log source integration.
• Knowledge on writing SPLs (splunk searches), create Splunk reports/dashboards and publish them to various audiences.
• Good hands on concept on Data Analysis, Extraction, transformation and Load(ETL) techniques and Splunk reporting solutions.
• Creating dashboards, reports using XML. Report generation ad customization.
• Experience in object creation and usage across the Enterprise.
• Normalization of event data, and Management of knowledge objects, data models and developing macros.
• Knowledge of app creation, user and role access permissions.
• Understanding of configuration files, precedence and working.
• Configure and manage Infrastructure Security and SIEM solutions Design.
• Knowledge on Splunk Rest APIs.
• ust have good understanding of application, webserver, endpoint device and network devices.
• Expert knowledge of regular expressions and at least one common scripting language (PERL, Python, VB Script).
• Experienced with network tools such as syslog.
• Demonstrated capability to learn and adapt to new situations & requirements.
• Ability to manage multiple high priority projects and production issues.
• 5+ years of professional experience with system administration and System Event and system integrations.
• 5+ year of work experience with Splunk real-time processing architecture and deployment; Splunk dashboard design a big plus.
• Strong experience in Splunk configuration files, RegEx and comfort in using the Linux CLI and Windows.
• Experience in requirements analysis, engineering, and testing in real world environments.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP and networking fundamentals, MQ, SFTP, SSL.
• Experience in Splunk DB Connect, ITSI, HEC is a plus.
• Strong communication, written, and verbal skills with the ability and comfort level to do presentations to potential and existing customer audiences of 5-30 people.
• Bachelor in an IT related concentration.
• Experience with software development, system architecture, and/or databases a plus.
• Splunk certification(s) a plus but not required.