No of Positions: 2
Tentative Start Date: April 30, 2023
Work From : Onsite
Rate : $ 14 - 17 (Hourly)
Experience : 8 to 12 Year
Note : All the skill set mentioned in the JD are Mandatory with the hands on experience .
We are looking for a Technical Writer to author, edit, and review product documentation having 8-12 years of experience. In this role, you will work in a scrum with product owners, developers, testers, and others to gather, write, and publish end-user content for our software products.
We are looking for someone motivated, passionate, and looking to thrive in the fast-paced culture of a dynamic and evolving company. The role requires strong writing skills, the ability to synthesize technical content and create learning content and activities that clearly explain the topic/task to end-users. Knowledge of metrology principles is a plus. We like to move quickly and win together, so the ideal candidate should be a self-starter who thrives under pressure and enjoys team successes.
• Develop and maintain content and product documentation, including (but not limited to) help files, printed manuals, release notes, installation guides, etc. for end-users.
• Obtain a deep understanding of products and services so that you can translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content.
• Actively participate in daily scrum stand-up meetings, as well as planning, review and other meetings as required in various time zones such as China, UK, and USA
• Closely work with product owners, developers, testers, and other scrum members to obtain and then synthesize information into clear and concise documentation in accordance with style guides.
• Take a hands-on role in partnering with stakeholders and team members to produce high-quality technical documentation.
• Possess a knowledge of, and accurately apply, the English language.
• Understand target audience users and personas.
• Work with the localization team to generate product documentation in supported languages.
• Work closely with colleagues to ensure consistency and quality of output.
• Adapt rapidly to a changing industry and be able to adjust responsibilities, time, and objectives accordingly.
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
• Minimum 8 years’ experience desired
• Excellent command of the English language (USA)
• Ability to write like a native English speaker would.
• Ability to understand, parse, and communicate information succinctly.
• Engineering background or metrology background or have experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Practical experience and/or theoretical knowledge of metrology would be a distinct advantage.
• Familiarly with help authoring tools, such as Adobe RoboHelp or Madcap Flare
• Familiarity with XML authoring tools, such Frame Maker, Paligo, or any XML tools.
• Familiarly with image capturing and editing with Snagit.
• Ability to apply knowledge from style guides, such as the Microsoft Manual of Style and Global English Style Guide
• Understanding of core technical communication concepts, such as topic-based authoring, minimalism, task-oriented design, single-sourcing, structured authoring, etc.
• Experience with content management systems, such as Azure Devops or Bitbucket.
• Experience with task management systems, such as Jira.
• Ability to analyse and synthesize complex content, with a keen eye for detail.
• Ability to define and research user profiles and to create content that is targeted to meet user goals.
• Good knowledge of HTML and CSS
• Familiarity with programming concepts
• Strong technical aptitude – ability to learn new concepts and tools.
• Very strong work ethic and intellectual curiosity
• Ability to work alone and with a team.
• Eagerness to work closely with others to deliver a positive outcome for customers.
• Any Graduate or Postgraduate in Technical Writing, English, Technical Communication, or Software Engineering, or similar.
• Engineering background will be preferred.