(3 Years 3 Months) Skilled in Investigative Reporting with an experience in Healthcare, Education, Environment and Political Reporting. News Reporter: Lokmat Times (August 2017 to Jan 2020)
1. Healthcare beat: As a News Reporter in the Healthcare beat, I reported over 100 stories including more than 40 exclusive ones in just 2.5 years’ span in the publication. My hard hitting stories on patient’s apathy, medical negligence, Resident doctors’ woes created an impression on the readers
2. Education beat: I did several stories on irresponsible behaviour of police towards hostel girls, obsolete curriculum of university and poor placement, involvement of college students in sex trade which turned out to be impactful.
3. Political beat: Covered RSS Vijayadashmi Programme - 2017 & 2018, Maharashtra Vidhansabha Election 2019, BJP Bhim Vijay Sankalp Rally 2019, Nagpur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017, Maharally of Bharatiya Janata Party 2018.
4. Environment & Others: I covered stories on topics such as tree census in Nagpur, followed by a story of the Amended Tree Act. Apart from which a few hard-hitting stories included on the ‘Blue Whale’ game, the rise of dating apps for the LGBTQIA+ community.
5. Expert Interviews with: • Vanessa Bouché, Associate Professor of Political Science at Texas Christian University.
• Dr Heema Divakar, Federation of Gynaecology Indian representative.
• Dr Patrick O’Brien, a well-known UK Gynaecologist
. • Dr Andreas Gruentztig aka Father of Angioplasty.
To secure a challenging and creative position, commit my skills, knowledge and experience to an organization that offers me scope for professional and personal development.