Maintenance Engineer May 2015 - Present Srīnagar Area, India National Institute of Technology, Srinagar (NITSRI) is a public engineering and research institution, located in Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, India. It is one of the 31 National Institutes of Technology (NITs) and as such is directly under the control of the Ministry of Education. There is Campus-wide Fiber Optic and Wi-Fi network, which covers all the Contact Srinagar, J&K India 91-9906481650 (Work) email@example.com www.linkedin.com/in/kaleem-dara0776a5b (LinkedIn) Certifications 1.Cisco Certified Specialist – Enterprise Advanced Infrastructure Implementation (Cisco Id: CSCO13127194) 2.Cisco Certified Specialist – Enterprise Core 3.Extreme Certified Specialist (Campus EXOS Switching & Routing – 51169830) 4.Vmware Certified Professional (Data Center Virtualization 2019) 5.Sophos Certified Administrator – XG Firewall 6.ITIL Certified (IT Service Management – GR750156876KD) 7.Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP – CSCO13127194) 8.Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA – CSCO13127194) Page 2 of 3 departments, teachers’ quarters’ and students’ hostels. There is a Computer Services Center which provides various centralized IT Services to more than 5000 users in the campus and Computer labs in each department. Institute is also a part of high-speed National Knowledge Network (NKN). Job Role & Responsibilities: NIT Campus IT Infrastructure installation, configuration and maintenance operations:
1. Data Center operations; manage and implement scheduled and regular patch management.
2. Setup and manage servers’ instances for new installations for various requirements.
3. Troubleshoot or break-fix issues.
4. Update firmware on regular intervals.
5. Work with OEM support to solve issues.
6. Implement network policies and maintain the network in top condition.
7. Schedule and manage regular backups, including on Storage.
8. Keep firewall and antivirus applications in top shape. Judiciously implement firewall policies across all endpoints.
9. Maintain WI-FI and related internet usage policy.
10. Network monitoring and management
11. Extreme Network Switching & Routing (XOS Switching & Routing Expertise), Maintenance of Core switches, 10 Distribution Switches and 100 plus Access Switches. Series - Black Diamond - BD X8, BD 8800, X590, Summit 400 & 200.
12. Cisco UCS Servers: Maintenance of UCSB-B200-M4 (2 Chassis and 8 blades).
13. Data Center Virtualization’s Hypervisor, vSphere 6.7, VCenter Server, Virtual SAN,Virtual Networking.
14. Firewall Sophos (XG-750-UTM): Services: Firewall, Network, Routing, Authentication, VPN, Administration, Control Center & Reports 15. Wireless Networking: Campus Open Air Wi-Fi maintenance (200 plus APs deployed in the campus with controllers for centralized management. Series - Cisco Aironet1800, Dlink DAP 2300,2600. 16. SAN Storage: NetApp E5724 50TB on mix n match of sas and ssd drives and cisco MDS 9148S 16G 48 FC Multilayer Fabric Switch