1998 - 2000
Jackson State University
Jackson State University
• Directed simultaneously multiple software teams in waterfall, evolutionary, and agile methodologies. Collaborated with different cultures – was in the U.S. (for a decade), Australia (“The University of Melbourne” scholarship awardee to pursue Doctorate in Cloud Computing in 2013), Middle East (ME) – senior consultant for the loan management system – for a government organization, Saudi Industrial Development Fund (SIDF)), Europe (trained our British WorldCom. colleagues at London on the Network Mediation (NM) & Call Collection (CC) product we engineered in the U.S.), and India (played several key leadership roles building Research and Development (R&D) Centres of Excellence (COE).
• Had stints at: Jwava (greenfield product start-up - for food industry in the ME market), Collectors Alliance (migrated legacy Sales Order Processing System for a numismatic company), SIDF (put best practices in place for a financial and loan management system), Lucent (managed five teams in Telecomm. and Datacom), Sun Microsystems (managed Web Content Management team), Hewlett Packard (HP – led the team building Secure Operating System (OS) and cloud product), WorldCom. and MCI (designed and implemented Credit Card Processing and NM & CC), Alabama Power (fixed bugs in a Decision Support System), BellSouth (fixed bugs in Telecomm. product), Tata Consultancy Services, and Crompton Greaves (designed Network Application products from scratch in the last two organizations).
• Domains (Reverse Chronological): Automotive, Food, ERP, Healthcare, Airline, and Financial – during the last decade, I have been a technology executive. Prior to that I managed five teams for a decade in Network and Element Management (NMS and EMS) in Tele and Data-communications domain. During the initial decade I was designing NM & CC, Decision Support System, Trusted and regular OS, and a host of Network Applications.
• Managed Current Product Engineering (CPE) teams in HP, Oracle, and Nokia, transitioning a suite of products from abroad (primarily US) to India – for bug fixing and enhancing features. Developed products from the ground-up. Handled complete programs, projects, budget, and most importantly people.
• Conceived, architected, designed, and implemented using both Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) and procedural techniques in a plethora of languages – mainly Java, C++, C#, and C. Built scalable, flexible, and robust Software as A Service (SAAS) in AWS – in Spring and .NET eco Systems.
• Currently directing several teams that work on: Representational State Transfer (REST) APIs, design patterns where appropriate, and data models (Entity Relationships (ER) and Extended Entity Relationships (EER) using PostgreSQL). Overseeing automation for unit, system, and integration testing, ci-cd pipelines for GitLab, user acceptance testing, and end-user training.