No of Positions: 2
Tentative Start Date: October 10, 2021
Work From : Any Location
Rate : $ 8 - 12 (Hourly)
Experience : 4 to 8 Year
Role: Frontend developer / Sr. Developer
Company: Y Media labs (YML)
Y Media Labs is a creative technology company that helps brands re-imagine their customer experiences. Our mission is to export the Silicon Valley mindset to the rest of the world. We create digital products with a purpose that have a lasting impact on users' lives and clients' businesses. We are a team of dreamers and doers united by a simple idea: If we make a difference for your customers, we will make a difference for your business too. And it works. Since 2009, we have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to "wow" their customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. The Wall Street Journal calls us “YML is one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley.” Through next-generation technologies and world-class design, we help brands like Apple, PayPal, L'Oreal, Home Depot, Kaiser Permanente, State Farm, First Republic Bank etc develop solutions that drive major business outcomes. Founded in 2009, Y Media Labs is headquartered in Silicon Valley with four offices worldwide including Atlanta, Indianapolis, Bangalore & Sao Paulo. We came of age with the invention of the app store. We have mobile in our DNA. We create solutions across the digital ecosystem. Unlike agencies who are born desktop, we are deeply connected to how consumer perception has shifted thanks to the mobile lifestyle. We have built and launched 207 products, delighted over 407 million users, built over 200+ apps, work with 30 Fortune 500 clients, been responsible for over 400 billion transactions through our work and generated over $200 billion in transactions for our clients, and been featured on the app store over 700+ times!
• Portfolio of our work can be found @ https://yml.co/work
• Live look into our engineering team @ medium.com/ymedialabs-innovation
• Live look into our design team @ dribbble.com/ymedialabs Our team in Bangalore is 250+ strong, and we are growing in a variety of ways. Our goals include a culture of excellence and we are looking to transform the team to be one of the best tech teams in Bangalore. We are looking to hire multiple Web Frontend Engineers at various levels. If you are excited about building lightning-fast and responsive web products with the latest web technologies that will be used by millions of consumers worldwide, building products for brands that you can be proud to show to your family and friends – you need to join us! This position reports to the Engineering Manager
What you will be doing:
• Focus on the delivery of web application development projects with a heavy emphasis on responsive behavior.
• Work on all aspects of web products, including implementation of the design wireframes, animation/motion, business logic, interfaces to the backend APIs, incorporating analytics & SEO, performance and security.
• Work with the UI/UX designers, product and bridge the gap between Client requirement, graphical design and back end interfaces.
• Take an active role in how the application looks as well as how it works • Set a very high personal bar for code quality • Build reusable code and libraries for future use • Evaluate technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
• Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders • Create prototypes and POCs for internal and client use • Stay updated in the state of the art in web technologies and bring new ideas and innovations to the projects • Monitor website performance and rectifying front-end-related issues. • Communicate technical issues in an understandable manner to the team and clients. • Provide troubleshooting support to clients. • Manual and automated unit testing to identify bugs and technical issues before and after deploying.
• Working with MVVM, MVP, MVC patterns
• Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3 with a keen eye for UI design and usability
• Experience with coding complex animations, motion, fluid interfaces
• Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
• Experience writing and maintaining automated unit-tests, functional tests
• Experience with creating and working with CI/CD pipelines
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as (Git / Bitbucket)
• Basic understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
• Good Analytical, Problem solving and Debugging skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while achieving benchmarks
• Experience with Browser Dev Tools