No of Positions: 1
Tentative Start Date: July 28, 2022
Work From : Offsite
Rate : $ 8 - 10 (Hourly)
Experience : 3 to 5 Year
The Business Intelligence (BI) engineer will work in a business-facing role to develop and generate reports to meet the business users’ needs and provide them with timely information that enables them to make various business-related decisions. The role requires the candidate to build and maintain large-scale data models for an enterprise system and the underlying business processes. Analyze data and create meaningful reports that capture various key business metrics. Automate reports, dashboards, scorecards, etc. requested by business users. The ideal candidate needs to work collaboratively with teams and formulate recommendations for further initiative refinement based on current data evidence.
Critical Business Activities
As a BI engineer, you (candidate) will be responsible for,
· Developing and maintaining Tableau Reports and dashboards
· Reengineer reports in other technology (e.g.: SAP BO, AWS Quick Sight) into Tableau with an effective solution
· Using Tableau in conjunction with an RDBMS, Data Lake, APIs, and other data sources to normalize data and produce analytics.
· Bringing data from S3, redshift data lake, and creating visualizations in Tableau
· Coordinate with developers to produce technical solutions that will provide the customer with the data, analytics, and visualizations necessary to meet mission requirements
· Collaboration with key business stakeholders to specify and design reports that encompass a wide variety of business functions.
· Rapid turn-around of urgent ad-hoc reports.
· Designing, analyzing, developing, testing, debugging, and documenting BI-related modules to satisfy business intelligence requirements.
· Explore and implement the data quality checks wherever required to maintain the quality of the data.
Competencies and Experience
· 3+ years of experience as a Tableau developer
· Experience in BI report migration projects
· Proficient knowledge of RDBMS concepts and SQL language.
· SAP BO knowledge will be a plus
· AWS Quick Sight knowledge and experience will be a plus
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex technology solutions to stakeholders, gain alignment and drive progress.
• Reliability: Gets around large obstacles on their own, finds solutions to most of the technical issues, and should be very dependable.
• Execution: Ability to present great quality deliverables (designs, code, test cases, etc.) with hardly any iterations/guidance.
• Management: Breaks down complex tasks into a daily plan and executes it efficiently. Never lose track of action items and tasks. Should have an excellent understanding of their progress against their plans.
• Communication: Communicates complex concepts in terms understandable to other technical and businesspeople.
• Leadership: Ability to lead peers in adopting a new process or innovation.
• Judgement: Makes expert technical decisions on design and coding tasks. Understands module-level impacts of design and coding decisions.