No of Positions: 1
Location: New Delhi
Tentative Start Date: July 15, 2022
Work From : Offsite
Rate : $ 12 - 16 (Hourly)
Experience : 5 to 8 Year
Role Description: The Lead Cloud Ops Engineer is a critical part of our HB technology platform strategy. In this role, he will work closely with engineering and security teams to ensure the security, monitoring, availability, performance, and cost optimization of cloud infrastructure and environments. He will join a newly set up Cloud Operations team. As a Lead Cloud Ops Engineer, he will master all components of the projects and oversee the relationships and dependencies between the platform and the products deployed on it. He will shape the scope of our work, as well as the scope of team members. He will work across functional teams to shape business goals into engineering achievements, he will align technical decisions to business goals. He will highly influence the technical, team, and production direction as it relates to cloud environments. He will be recognized as an influencer by other teams and departments.
Responsible for supporting Cloud service measurement, monitoring, and reporting.
Support technology and customer operational environments.
Building the effectiveness, productivity, and performance of the team.
Hire, onboard, and train new staff with new cutting-edge Cloud technologies.
Sound knowledge in engineering, and administration in supporting an exceptionally large distributed clustered Splunk environment consisting of search heads, indexers, deployers, deployment servers, heavy/universal forwarders, and Splunk Enterprise Security premium app.
Responsible for supporting efforts that improve operational performance and availability of HB Production environments.
Improve overall operational quality through common practices and working with engineering, QA, IaaS, and DevOps teams.
Create Proof-of-concept design studies to implement new tools or services.
Ensure security and compliance of cloud environment.
Provide technical leadership to the operations team, and act as an interface between stakeholders.
Maintain SOC2 and ISO 27001 compliance.
Desired Skills & Competencies:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Strategic problem-solving and collaboration skills.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
• At least 5 to 8 years of hands-on working experience in building & supporting large-scale environments.
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies.
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, developers, and at large events.
• Experience using modern Monitoring and Alerting tools (Prometheus, Grafana, AWS CloudWatch, Ops genie, etc.)
• Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS.
• Sound knowledge of compliance regulations like HIPPA, PCI DSS, GDPR, ISO/IEC 27001, NIST, and NERC.
• Achieved Associate and/or Professional AWS certifications.
• AWS and Azure Cloud knowledge (Level = Expert).
• Linux (Level = Expert).
• Scripting Language ( Shell / Bash / YAML ) (Level = Expert).
• Iac (Level = Expert)