No of Positions: 1
Tentative Start Date: May 26, 2022
Work From : Offsite
Rate : $ 11 - 14 (Hourly)
Experience : 3 to 5 Year
Primarily responsibility of this position is to support Windows Server operations on VMWare / Azure platforms.
Education & Relevant Experience (in brief):
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Information Systems
• Overall, 3-5 years of IT Server support & administration experience.
• Should have a minimum of 3-5 years experience in managing MS Windows Server Infrastructure, 2-3 years experience in Enterprise VMWare ESXi Server Infrastructure, and 1-2 years experience in Cloud technologies (Microsoft Azure) are required.
• VMWare, Azure, and MCSE/MCSA Certifications are a plus.
• Build, configure, maintain, and administer Microsoft Windows Server environment.
• Carry out day-to-day administrative tasks & regular maintenance activities on the Windows Server Infrastructure.
• Responsible for proactively monitoring Service Now ticket queue and providing incident response & resolution within the stipulated SLAs. Ensure the resolution steps are well documented.
• Perform H/W Firmware & BIOS upgrades. Troubleshoot H/w-related issues and coordinate with vendors to get them resolved.
• Responsible to implement OS upgrade from Windows server 2008/2008 R2/2012 R2 to 2012 R2/2016 respectively working with relevant stakeholders.
• Install, configure, upgrade and maintain VMware ESXi & vCenter servers (version 6. x & above). Contribute actively to delivery of VMware Server Infrastructure upgrade projects.
• Creation, migration, cloning, snapshots, backup, recovery, and troubleshooting of Virtual machines.
• Perform health checks of VMware farms (VM and host performance, resource utilization, tuning, etc.).
• Provide configuration & support for new/existing server hardware, network print management, peripherals, and applications on Windows Server platforms.
• Perform migration of on-prem application workloads into Azure using Azure Site Recovery (ASR). Carry out disaster recovery drills to failover systems to the DR site following detailed DR procedure documents.
• Conduct a detailed investigation and troubleshooting using various monitoring & logging tools to address performance, utilization & system-related issues.
• Perform root cause analysis & implement corrective actions working with various stakeholders on all major incidents/problems.
• Develop, review and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all support activities. Guide L1/L2 teams to effectively utilize SOPs to resolve future incidents.
• Cater to the platform support needs for all major project requirements.
• Plan & implement service improvement plans for managing systems in both the VMware & Azure environment.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision in troubleshooting issues, researching solutions, and providing resolution on IT-related issues.
Desired Skills and experience:
• Strong experience in VMWare/Azure & Windows Server Administration is required.
• In-depth knowledge & strong troubleshooting skills on Windows Server operating system (Windows 2003, 2008/2008 R2, 2012/2012 R2, 2016 & 2019).
• Sound working knowledge & experience with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, Firewalls, Load Balancers, and GPOs.
• Must be very familiar with key Server Hardware/OS concepts such as RAID Configuration & Setup, Disk & File System Management, Windows Failover Clustering, etc.
• Excellent hands-on experience in troubleshooting Windows OS and application-related issues.
• Scripting knowledge (PowerShell/VBScript) for use within Azure/VMWare/Windows infrastructure. Knowledge of VMWare PowerCLI & Azure CLI is a plus.
• Must be able to prioritize work and multitask, to meet ticket SLA requirements and critical project deadlines.
• Should possess the ability to develop relevant technical configuration & procedure documents.
• Experience managing & maintaining VMWare ESXi Server Infrastructure (ver 6.x and above).
• Experience and working knowledge of Enterprise Infrastructure Monitoring Solutions (such as SolarWinds).
• Strong knowledge of server management tools & Remote system administration.
• Have knowledge of backup & recovery of VMs & virtual servers through backups solutions such as BackupExec/Veeam.
• Good hands-on experience in diagnostics & troubleshooting of Azure/VMWare ESX server environment.
• Knowledge of or experience working with Dell servers & storage hardware is a plus.
• Knowledge of ITIL processes is a plus.
• Demonstrate sound judgment and ability to work in a team environment with minimum supervision and direction is required in order to perform professional and organizational responsibilities.
• Excellent Oral and Communication skills to interact and work with global IT teams, vendors & end customers.