Job Description – Power BI Developer
We are looking for mid to senior level Power BI Developers with a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality products. You will be working to create and manage BI and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge.
In this role, you should have a background in data and business analysis. You should be analytical and an excellent communicator.
1-2 years for Developer
2-5 years for Sr. Developer
5-7 years for Team Lead
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analyzing complex business requirements and developing data visualizations and reports to provide insights to decision makers. Create different reports according to guidelines while suggesting improvements to style, formatting, use, and technical requirements.
- Building Analysis Services reporting models.
- Map large amounts of data across multiple systems. Data Transformations and Modeling using Power BI Query Editor.
- Create relationships between data and develop tabular and other multidimensional data models.Create and manage ETL scripts and processes
- Analytical thinking for translating data into informative reports and visuals
- Responsible for design methodology and project documentaries.
- Deploying best practices in visualization based on industry knowledge
- SQL querying for best results, use of filters and graphs for better understanding of data.
- Troubleshooting of Power BI reporting solutions including investigation of data issues, data validation and balancing.
- Data documentation explaining algorithms, parameters, models, and relations.
- Validate reports to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Solve problems and work on multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment.
Skills and Requirement :
- Thorough understanding of Power BI and its core principles
- Knowledge in Microsoft BI Stack
- Efficiently handle large sets of data and be able to confidently process them into required formats
- Strong knowledge of technical aspects of visualization, analytics and BI applications including data modeling, data preparation/ profiling, data integration.
- Experience in Data Gateway for data refresh.
- Experienced in implementing row level security on data and understand application security layer models in Power BI.
- Capable of implementing row-level security on data along with an understanding of application security layer models in Power BI.
- Should have an edge over making DAX queries in Power BI desktop.
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Experience with data structure libraries
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Expert in using advanced-level calculations on the data set.
- Advanced calculations (Aggregate, Date, Logical, String, Table etc.)
- Oversee/Quality Check Data Migration routines, reviewing outputs against quality standards and continually looking for process improvement
- Must have team handling experience.