No of Positions: 1
Tentative Start Date: December 06, 2021
Work From : Offsite
Rate : $ 10 - 20 (Hourly)
Experience : 2 to 5 Year
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Provide technical advice and support for artists.
● Create global and show-based scripts and tools inside DCC packages such as
Maya, Houdini, or Nuke.
● working directly with artists to investigate and address urgent issues related to
custom pipeline tools.
● helping to engineer solutions (tools and workflow) for pipeline enhancements and
● Collaborate with pipeline team, software developers, CG Supervisors, and artists
to improve and refine overall workflow and determine the best solutions to
● Troubleshoot to implement solutions with Department Supervisors
● Aids in the development and maintenance of applications and creative pipeline
tools and techniques to improve productivity
● Provides weekly updates on Pipeline development status, and notifies
stakeholders of any upcoming production risks
● Ensure requests for new tools are connected with company strategy
● Meet delivery deadlines and work proactively conforming to production needs.
● 2+ years of experience in VFX or CG or equivalent experience is required.
● Solid understanding of the pipeline process of CG (modeling, animation, rigging,
texturing, lighting, fx) and compositing (Nuke).
● Expert knowledge of colorspaces, LUTS, media formats, gamma, .ccc, etc.
● Experience in developing tools for DCC packages such as Maya, Houdini, or
● Complete knowledge of up-to-date Production Technology/IT methods, practices,
● Ability to collaborate and offer solutions with great problem-solving skills
● Strong communication skills both in written and verbal. The ability to articulate both
with technical and non-technical teams.
● The ability to translate an artist’s perspective while designing tools with a focus on
● Very strong Python knowledge and various Python libraries. Working knowledge of
● The ability to prioritize production needs while multitasking on various
development tasks varying concurrent short-term and long-term priorities.
● Team player who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
● Proficiency in working with one or more renderers (e.g. Renderman, Mantra,
Arnold, etc.), and experience with renderer-specific file formats.
● Proactive and reactive problem solver to ensure VFX production goes smoothly.
● Calm under pressure to stay solution-focused.
● Craft and update documentation for tools, techniques, and workflows generated by
the Pipeline department.
● Previous leadership experience as a Pipeline TD.
● Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
● Experience with source control systems and team development.
● Experience with C++, SQL, Shotgun, Deadline is an asset.
● UI development using PySide / PyQt4.