Summary of This Role
Works throughout the software development life cycle and actively works with a team to create, design, code, debug, maintain, test, implement and validate applications with a broad understanding of a variety of languages and architectures. Analyzes existing applications or formulate logic for new applications, procedures, flowcharting, coding and debugging programs. Create, maintains and utilizes application and programming documents in the development of code. Recommends changes in development, maintenance and system standards. Creates appropriate deliverables and develops application implementation plans throughout the life cycle in an agile development environment.
- Leads the requirements acceptance, design, work plan and delivery of new application features.
- Full understanding of the business requirements, technical design and detailed implementation of the assigned applications and how they work within the enterprise architecture.
- Can work independently to solve technical issues and mentors other developers in best practices.
- Works closely with the product owner and business analysts to review and provide feedback on requirements. Provides recommendation on Requirements Acceptance.
- Responsible for the technical design of a group of features by collaborating with other team members including developers, architects, testers and business analysts.
- Responsible for the work breakdown of all features with subtasks that are reasonably sized and can work with other developers in the delivery of the planned work with high predictability.
- Responsible for the performance, security and reliability of all application development work.
- 4+ years of Android development experience.
- Active use of Android Studio, the Android SDK and Android Tools, JUnit, Jira, SVN, Git. Kotlin and Java is a plus.
- Experience in building and maintaining large mobile applications with agile software development methodologies.
- Experience architecting and coding Java Embedded firmware desired.
- Experience using and manipulating the Android SDK.
- Demonstrable portfolio of Android and Android-related apps.
- Experience developing firmware for commercial Android devices is desired.