No of Positions: 50
Tentative Start Date: January 14, 2023
Work From : Onsite
Rate : $ 4 - 12 (Hourly)
Experience : 6 to 12 Year
CONTINGENT - DATA ENGINEER JOB DESCRIPTION
Part of a cross-disciplinary team, working closely with other data engineers, software engineers, data scientists, data managers and business partners.
• Architects, designs, implements and maintains reliable and scalable data infrastructure.
• Writes, deploys and maintains software to build, integrate, manage, maintain, and qualityassure data at bp.
• Adheres to and advocates for software engineering best practices (e.g. technical design, technical design review, unit testing, monitoring & alerting, checking in code, code review, documentation),
• Responsible for deploying secure and well-tested software that meets privacy and compliance requirements; develops, maintains and improves CI / CD pipeline,
• Responsible for service reliability and following site-reliability engineering best practices: on-call rotations for services they maintain, responsible for defining and maintaining SLAs. Design, build, deploy and maintain infrastructure as code. Containerizes server deployments.
• Actively contributes to improve developer velocity. You will have:
• BS degree in computer science
• Deep and hands-on experience (typically 5+ years) designing, planning, productionizing, maintaining and documenting reliable and scalable data infrastructure and data products in complex environments
• Development experience in one or more object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C++)
• Advanced SQL knowledge
• Experience designing and implementing large-scale distributed systems
• Deep knowledge and hands-on experience in technologies across all data lifecycle stages
• Strong stakeholder management and ability to lead large organizations through influence
• Continuous learning and improvement mindset
• No prior experience in the energy industry required