Experience: 3.5 yrs + years
Education: Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
Availability: Immediate joiner
Primary Skill Set – Website testing, Mobile app testing
The primary roles and responsibilities for this role are –
As you can guess from the title, this person conducts a software check manually.
Some of the main responsibilities of a manual QA engineer include:
- Analysis of requirements, preparing a query list based on those requirements;
- Writing and executing test cases to detect usability and performance issues;
- Conducting exploratory testing – simultaneous test design and execution;
- Verification of multi-device and cross-platform consistency (software works on different devices and browsers);
- Creating detailed reports and listing improvements;
- Participation in test planning meetings and providing feedback to the testing team.
- Knowledge and understanding of the development process and software lifecycle.
- Knowledge of testing methodologies.
- Proficiency in manual web/mobile/API/requirements testing.
- Familiarity with writing test documentation, requirements review, creating bug reports.
- Understanding certain marking/scripting/programming languages, required for the project (e.g. JSON, HTML/CSS).
- Ability to describe bugs clearly and accurately.