No of Positions: 1
Tentative Start Date: August 02, 2022
Work From : Offsite
Rate : $ 12 - 24 (Hourly)
Experience : 6 to 10 Year
We are looking for around 10+ yrs experience resource and can min. look at 6+ yrs of TL experience for React Native Lead.
Experience: Min 6 years
Must have Team Handling experience.
Roles / Responsibilities:
• Build apps that feel truly native while using web technologies for mobile apps on iOS and Android.
• Be an integral member of the team that follows the Agile software development lifecycle process
• Familiarized with React technologies such as React Native and Hooks.
• Be focused on the front end of the product.
• Coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure
• Build pixel-perfect, buttery smooth UIs across both mobile platforms.
• Leverage native APIs for deep integration with both platforms.
• Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native.
• Drafting and executing manual and automated test cases.
• 6+ years of practice writing code for all browsers and an intimate understanding of how the web works.
• Strong Modern CSS expertise, using CSS-in-JS, ability to build fully Responsive UI and websites fromDesign Mockups.
• Strong level knowledge of Graphql and React Hook.
• Understanding REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage
• Strong Knowledge of web performance and accessibility best practices
• Command of modern standards-based web development
• Experience in working on an AWS environment.
• Time management and organizational skills
• Must be comfortable working in the UK timezone.
• Comfort in working within an Agile SDLC.
Good to have:
o Experience of working in a Start-up environment
o iPhone application released to Apple store
o Android applications released to the android storeo ML-Ops knowledge or exposure
o Integrating data streams from multiple database applications
Working Hours: The candidate needs to be flexible for late client calls maximum up to 10 pm. Flexibility will be given
for login hours the next day, in case of late-night client calls a day before.