RPA Solution Architect / Lead RPA Developer
Location : Bengaluru, India, , ,
Experience : 14 Year
Rate: $25 / Hourly
Availability : Immediate
Work From : Offsite
Category : Information Technology & Services
I am a quality-focused architect, developer, and team leader who is passionate about innovation. My background in development and solution design has given me the ability to solve complex business problems into cost-effective, scalable, maintainable, and well-governed software solutions
Capita | Capita Workplace Technology - Offline printer Chasing (OPC) Process Overview: Capita Workplace Technology (CWT) is using Robotic Process Automation (RPA) to manage offline printer chasing, removing the need for employees to manually work through the printer logs every day and raise tickets for any errors.
Reviewing the data gathered from the monitoring tool and logging issues was previously a labor-intensive, tedious task, prone to human
error. A service representative would manually work through reports daily, identifying any offline devices and raising tickets for any device
that had been offline for several days. There was a significant opportunity for devices to be missed and for tickets not to be raised promptly.
RPA has been introduced to automatically review the data gathered from the monitoring tool in real-time, identify errors, and raise a ticket for any device that has been offline for more than 72 hours. OPC process is divided into three UiPath unattended processes: Raise Ticket Dispatcher, Raise Ticket Performer and Handle responses
• Raise Ticket Dispatcher - From Printwatch the robot gets two separate pieces of data. Firstly, Red Agents, are the agents that have been offline for more than 72 hours. Also, from Printwatch we get the Red Devices report, from the report section that contains all the devices that have stopped responding. Once Agents and Devices
have both been checked, the new transaction items added to the queues, the dispatcher process complete.
• Raise Ticket Performer - Firstly process creates tickets on Zoho and secondly, it updates the ticket will detail information.
• Handle Response Performer - The Handle Responses performer deals with the responses to the emails triggered by the Raise Tickets process.
Capita | Capita Workplace Technology - Offline printer Chasing (OPC)
The pre-emptive Dashboard web portal is an analytics tool that enables pre-emptive printer maintenance. Predicting equipment
failures and service needs before they occur increase efficiencies, reduce travel and fuel usage for their engineers, and most
importantly, delight customers by reducing equipment downtime.
The solution consists of four components -
1. Scheduled process to Import data from Sources (Print watch and CBS ODBC data connectivity) -
Automated trigger of cascaded Azure function apps and unattended UiPath process imports data from sources.
2. Calculate the probability of Replacement Parts
Azure function to calculate RAG status of printers from Account view to all up to parts view
3. Ad-hoc update of Printer Models and Replacement Parts
Python script imports data from Excel spreadsheet to database by applying business data validations.
4. Pre-emptive Web Portal
The portal which provides functionality views RAG status, filters, sort,s and export data of Accounts, postcodes, Devices, parts,